Fun With Planets

I've been busy writing my fingertips to the bone this week, and my poor PhotoShop habit ended up sorely neglected. So today, I thought I'd mess around and see what I can come up with.

I started with a blank canvas. Three hours later, this was the result:


(Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version)


Since I liked the planet so much, I thought I'd mess with it a little more. So, using Photoshop's brilliant filters, I also came up with...

Planet Under Shattered Glass

(Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version)

Comic Book Planet

(Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version)

Nuclear Planet

(Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version)

Planet on Canvas

(Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version)


Of course, all this messing around with planets got me hankering to write a science-fiction book... something with over-the-top sexy, naughty aliens. What do you think?

Oh, and which planet version is your favorite?

~ Lacey

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Selena Illyria said...

I love the last one. It looks like an old grainy photo. *grin* Great job. Oooh,naughty aliens. I like that idea. *Grin*

8:01 PM  
Blogger Robin Snodgrass said...

They all look great Lacey! A sexy space story sounds terrific!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Fiona Jayde said...

Looks wonderful Lacey! I can't decide which I like best, although you really captured that gritty comic book feel (I love comic book art) And yes, naughty aliens! Please!!!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Lacey Savage said...

Selena -- I really like that one, too. It made me think of paint on canvas.

Robin -- Thank you! I haven't written a science fiction story in a while. I think it may be time to remedy that!

Fi -- The comic book version really captured my imagination, too. Hmm... I'm envisioning a planet full of out-of-work superheroes who have to hire themselves out throughout the universe. Could be fun!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Aymee said...

Great job, Lacey! The comic book planet reminds me of something out of Heroes, but that last one was my fave, I think! And YEEHAW! Write, Lacey, write!!

Amy

2:41 PM  
Blogger Lacey Savage said...

Thank you, Amy! You're right about the comic book planet looking like something right out of Heroes... I didn't see it until you mentioned it. :-)

2:52 PM  
Blogger Dawn Montgomery said...

I adore them. The comic book one rocks and the last one reminds me of a grainy photo too. I totally agree with Selena.

Looks great, hon!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Lacey Savage said...

Dawn -- Thank you, sweetie! If only there were more hours in a day to pursue non-writing hobbies. *sigh*

9:36 PM  
Blogger Caitlyn Willows said...

Planet on Canvas is my favorite. Great job! This make me want to play with images. :)

Caitlyn Willows
www.caitlynwillows.com

3:19 PM  
Blogger Lacey Savage said...

Thanks so much, Caitlyn! And you should. :-) It's a wonderful source of stress relief.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Dawn Montgomery said...

I hear you on that, Lacey. I rarely get to flex my artistic muscles lately. *double sigh*

But the beautiful part is...you can walk away from a digital art piece for a long time and not worry about it ruining. I used to work with acrylics and oils and you had to finish the project within a few days to get what you wanted...

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home