Sweating With Sven - Update #1

Just because I've never been all that good at doing things by the book, I'm completing Sven's challenge a little differently than everyone else.

For a variety of reasons, I don't write on the weekend. So instead of writing for 77 days straight as Sven demands, my goal is to write 2,500 words a day, Monday to Friday -- OR to write a total of 10,000 words a week. (Yes, I know the math doesn't add up -- I'm giving myself permission to let life interfere if it must, otherwise I'll go mad).

My challenge total is 100,000 words on a variety of projects by May 16. (Yes, I know the math doesn't add up yet again, but I'm also giving myself time to plot and edit. So I guess I'm completely messing up Sven's challenge. Sorry, Sven! I gotta do what works best for me.)

Since today was my first official day as a Svenanite (hey, I kinda like that!), I'm happy to report I wrote 2,586 words on a contemporary short novella, newly titled DON'T LOOK DOWN.



My nifty little gadget above says the book is 24% done. I like the sound of that already. :-)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Montgomery said...

Awesome total for the day! No, I didn't make my goal yesterday, but I'll make it today. My catch up days have to be the weekend since I've got the full time EDJ.

Good luck with your word count tomorrow. :) 24% done...that's nice. LOL.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Robin S. said...

Woo Hoo Lacey! You go girl!!

You know I have every confidence in your ability to meet any goal.

Hugs,
Robin S.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home