Where's the Waterproof Home I was Promised?

This is an actual item from a 1950's issue of Popular Mechanics.


SOURCE

For anyone who can't quite make it out, the text reads:
"Because everything in her home is waterproof, the housewife of 2000 can do her daily cleaning with a hose."

I don't know about you, but I'm suddenly disappointed that with all our technological advances, we still haven't created the waterproof home.

*sigh*

At least I still have a maid who comes in every two weeks, saving me from having to clean anything myself. She can't just hose down my furniture, but she does a pretty good job anyway.

We'll see what the next 50 years bring. I'll continue holding out hope that in the future, all my furniture and electronics will be waterproof, as promised.

Lacey
http://www.laceysavage.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home