My TBR (To Be Read) Shelves

I know... I've teased you all endlessly with mention of my TBR shelves, which, at last count, held over 2000 books. Currently, they're empty -- but don't panic (heck, I'm trying not to, but I still hyperventilate when I look at my beautiful and very lonely shelves), my books are still in boxes.

I took some pictures before leaving Austin, and I thought it was time I stopped teasing you, and started showing you I really mean it when I say I'm a book addict. Ready? Here goes (click on pictures for larger versions):

austinapt1

austinapt2

austinapt3


Yes folks, once again, those shelves only hold books waiting to be read. And yes, I do occasionally wander into that room and complain about having nothing to read.

I should mention that the books are, of course, alphabetized by author. And those little shelves within the shelves you see? They're custom-made additions built by my grandfather so I could double the amount of bookshelf space I have.

Lacey
http://www.laceysavage.com

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin Snodgrass said...

I love your shelves and it looks like a comfortable place to relax. Thanks for sharing. But I did notice that you still have room to add more books. *G*

8:41 PM  
Blogger Fiona Jayde said...

Wow Lace! I LOOOVE shelves.. Nothing makes me happier then rows and rows of shelves filled with books:) Looks like a great place to curl up and read or be inspired to write!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I thought I had a huge TBR pile, but nothing like that!! My husband finally built me a huge bookcase on one of the walls in our bedroom, because everything else was full of books with no more room. I wish I had the room for something like that.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Caffey said...

I so love the room Lacey!! Those shelves are awesome as well as the cozy chair, its just what I want. Just waiting for mine to move and make room, LOL

1:02 PM  
Blogger Lacey Savage said...

Robin - There's ALWAYS more room for books. Even if I have to start stacking them in piles around the bed (which I've done before -- surprise, surprise, hubby bought me bookshelves! LOL)

Fi - It is! I always write better surrounded by my books. :-)

Judy - I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but we always get a place with one more room than we need. As hubby tells people, "That's where the books live."

Cathie - Aaah, aren't husbands wonderful? :-) I adore huge bookshelves, and I think they make the bedroom look even cozier than it already is. I mean, who wouldn't want to spend more time in bed when surrounded by books? Oh, okay, and it probably doesn't hurt that hubby gets more "bed time", too. *g*

Lacey

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home